- Cheap items for sale in Mauritius
- Computer,Laptop accessories and Networking
- Tablet PC and Mini laptop
- MP3,MP4,MP5 Players and accessories
- USB Flash drives,pen drives and Memory card
- Mobile phone accessories
- Car Gadgets and accessories
- Other Gadgets and cables
- Tablet PC android available in Mauritius for RS3800
- Bluetooth dongle Rs100
- Memory Card Reader + Micro SD/TF Adapter
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Mauritian dholl puri receipt
500 grams yellow split peas (gram dholl)
750 grams white flour,
2 teaspoons powdered cumin seeds,
Salt to taste.
2 tblsp oil
* Boil the dholl puri in about 2 cups of water with a pinch of turmeric powder and salt to taste, until well cooked but not sticky.
* Strain the boiled dholl puri and reserve the boiling water for pastry use later stage.
* Blend the strained dholl until well blended and fine. Note: The blend must be on the dry side rather than wet..Keep mixture aside and now work on the dough
* Sift the flour with some salt into a mixing bowl. Using the warm reserved boiling water in small quantities, gradually work the pastry until very soft but not sticky. Wrap in cling wrap and allow to rest for one hour.
* Add the powdered cumin seeds to the blended dholl and some more salt to taste if necessary. Mould the dough into small balls of a size sufficient to roll out into the mixture now called poori or puri.
* Using a finger make a hole into the centre of the dough balls and carefully place in one teaspoon of the dholl peas mix.
* Close the hole by pushing in the sides of the dough. Roll out the dough balls in flour and using a Pastry Roller, carefully roll out into as thin circular poori as you possibly can.
* Heat up a flat saucepan of a size sufficient to hold the poori and brush the pan with some oil.
* Place the poori in the heated saucepan. Cook on one side until slightly risen and flip onto other side until just cooked. Note: About half a minute in all. Do not overcook or the pooris will harden.
* Serve hot with blended tomato or coriander chutneys or a curry of your choice.
** Hint: Dhall pooris may be wrapped individually in aluminium foil and frozen for later use. Place in microwave between kitchen papers and warm up individually for thirty seconds only.
at 5:15 PM